Essential baking tools for your kitchen
Baking is a great way to express your artistic side while feeding others. Just about anyone appreciates a baked treat anytime of the year. But making those baked goods like muffins, breads, cakes and pie requires the right baking utensils to get the job done.
Here is a list of some of the key baking tools you’ll need to get started:
- Blenders. Not only does this save you considerable time, it also keeps you from tiring out your arm if you have a lot of recipes to prepare. Nobody wants to be caught without this handy appliance!
- Measuring cups. While it may be true that experts can get by with a “pinch of this and a dash of that,” it’s best to follow new recipes to the letter before you start modifying them. Without measuring cups to prepare your culinary masterpiece – you’re just guessing.
- Mixing bowls. It doesn’t matter what type you buy, but you’re going to need a good sized mixing bowl for most recipes. Having a few on hand saves you from having to stop and clean as you go.
- Bakeware. This term applies to everything from cookie sheets and cake tins to pie plates and muffin tins. Silicone bakeware is increasingly popular for its non-stick properties. Having good quality bakeware can sometimes make all the difference in how well your baking turns out.
- Cookie cutters. If you have kids or ever plan to make Christmas cookies, you need cookie cutters. You can try to cut out shapes with a knife, but cookie cutters are much easier to use and they’re affordable. Pastry cutters are another good idea if you want to experiment with creating your own pastries.
- Wooden spoon. What baker’s kitchen is complete without the wooden spoon? Wood is a great material for baking – the handles don’t get hot and it’s friendly to Teflon-coated pans, so consider also purchasing a wooden spatula.
- Rolling pins. Another baking essential is the rolling pin. They’re available in all kinds of materials including wood, silicone and stainless steel. A baking mat goes great with this and keeps you from having to use the countertop to roll out your dough.
With these items, you’ll be well equipped to tackle just about any baking recipe out there.