A perfect pot every time
Many features are often overlooked when purchasing a coffee maker. You can choose the most affordable one on the shelf, but in the long run you will probably be happiest with your investment if you make sure to buy a coffee maker with exactly the features you want plus a style that blends well with your existing kitchen design and decor.
The days of the basic coffee maker are long gone. The features available on coffee makers now are technologically advanced and offer convenience and beauty. There are styles and colors to suit any kitchen decor and functions to meet all coffee making needs. Some of the most popular features include:
- Permanent, washable filter. Typically made in plastic or metal mesh, a permanent filter is convenient, cost-effective and prevents the taste of bleached paper from getting into your coffee.
- Pause-n-serve. This mess-saving feature is built into nearly all new coffeemakers, allowing you to remove the pot to pour a cup of coffee before the brewing cycle is finished.
- Digital programming. With a clock, timer and programmable brew options, digital operation guarantees your coffee will be ready right when you need it and exactly how you like it.
- Carafe-free coffee. No more broken coffee pots with direct-to-the-cup dispensing, like the Coffee on Demand by Cuisinart. Coffee makers like this one allow you to dispense a perfectly brewed cup right into your mug, displaying the number of cups left on a gauge on the front of the machine. Some Braun coffee makers also offer this feature, and are affordable for the average consumer.
- Pod compatible. Coffee grounds now come in convenient, single-pot filters. You can just drop one into your coffee maker with no measuring or mess for a perfect pot every time. Some coffee machines accept both pods and regular filters.
- Water filter. While it isn’t a standard feature, some high-end coffee makers feature an integrated water filter, guaranteeing that your coffee is free of chemicals and impurities, which improves its healthfulness and taste. The Duo Filter for Krups Coffee Makers is one example of such a filter.
- Built-in grinder. Another function which comes with a higher price tag, an integrated coffee bean grinder gives you the ultimate fresh cup of java. With just a pot’s worth of beans being ground at a time, the flavor will be just right every time.
In addition to these must-haves and extras offered by coffee machine manufacturers, Bunn coffee makers feature a patented water reservoir which maintains the brewing water at a temperature of 200 degrees Fahrenheit. This unique system results in an ideal three-minute brewing cycle, which prevents coffee from becoming bitter and brings out the flavor perfectly.
From the simplest, white no-frills machine to the fanciest polished chrome with all the bells and whistles, there are automatic coffee makers to fit any lifestyle and budget. With some research and comparison shopping you are sure to find one that will serve you well for years to come.