Toys for the chef in us all
You don't have to be a professional cook to enjoy the tools of the trade! Full scale gourmet chefs and weekend bakers alike know that a kitchen fully stocked with small appliances is important for keeping cooking and baking a pleasurable and convenient experience. Without even noticing, you may have already filled your kitchen with small appliances of all shapes and sizes. Items such as blenders, crock pots, food processors and juicers are all perfect examples of little machines that go a long way.
Most small kitchen appliances can be purchased online or easily found in department stores and home renovation centers across the nation. Some of the most popular choices include:
- Toasters - these little babies have been around for generations and are still as convenient as ever for making bread slices into golden brown toast. One modern variation includes the bagel toaster, which features a larger slot.
- Coffee Makers - a good cup of coffee is the perfect way to start any morning. Coffee makers come in 1 to 3 cup or 4 to 12 cup sizes.
- Food Processors - shred, slice or chop you way to a great meal with one of these handy machines.
- Slow Cookers - pop your meat or other food in a slower cooker in the morning and by workday's end your meal is ready! Perfect for those days when you don't have time to prepare but still want to have a home- cooked meal.
- Hand Mixers - great for mixing drinks or whisking egg whites and whipped cream.
- Stand Mixers - every baker's must have item. Some models include attachments to turn the mixer into a food processor, can opener or pasta maker.
- Bread Machines - great for those who love the taste and freshness of fresh baked bread but don't have the time to spend all day next to the oven.
- Griddles - for those who love panini, toasted sandwiches, eggs and pancakes, a griddle is a must.
- Electric woks - great for making your famous stir-fried vegetables or a number of other recipes.
- Waffle Irons - perfect for making waffles for breakfast or an evening dessert topped off with fresh fruit and whipped cream.